MJL Advertising Ltd. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is MJL Advertising Ltd. of 2 Walsworth Road, Hitchin, Herts, SG4 9SP.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail (for example by clicking on an email link) or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions associated with our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information using Google Analytics:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visit to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the pages.
For more information go to: www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of MJL’s website if you do so. In particular, you may be required to accept cookies in order to complete certain actions on our website.
The following are names of cookies that are currently used on this site. Each cookie includes a short description of what the cookie does and its expiry time.
|_ga||2 years||Google Analytics: This is used to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. It is used to distinguish users.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_62156508_3||24 hours||Google Analytics: This is used to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. It is used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 minute||Google Analytics: This is used to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. It is used to throttle request rate.|
|_pk_id.*||2 years||Analytics: This is used to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website for internal performance monitoring.|
|_pk_ses.*||1 hour||Analytics: This is used to monitor traffic levels, search queries and your current actions on this website for internal performance monitoring.|
USE OF INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we feel may interest you, if you have given us explicit consent to do so. If you are not an existing client we will only contact you to reply to your message or enquiry;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you, if you have provided explicit consent for us to do so.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• if MJL Advertising Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
MJL Advertising Ltd. maintain an internal data retention policy. This ensures personal data collected via our website is kept for no longer than is necessary for the lawful purposes for which such personal data is processed.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The right to be informed
The right of access
Individuals have the right to access their personal data. This can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request within one month.
The right to rectification
Personal data can be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If you believe this is the case email us on email@example.com and we will endeavour to make any corrections and respond within one month.
The right to erasure and to restrict processing
Individuals have a right to have personal data erased or to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. When processing is restricted, the data is still stored, but it will not be further processed.
If you would like your data erased or processing restricted, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The right to object
Individuals have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Children and Privacy
Our website does not target, and is not intended to attract, children 15 years of age or under. MJL Advertising Ltd. does not knowingly solicit personal information from children 15 years of age or under or send them requests for personal information.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us via email on email@example.com, or call+44 (0)1462 431477.